Saturday, November 12, 2016

Store Review: Metro Thrift Store


Your local St. Pete Bitch is gettin' kicked out of her parents' condo and onto the ghetto-ish streets of Central Ave.



Just kidding (obviously) I'm looking into all the fine condos, apartments, and houses Craigslist has to offer!


But for now I need to furnish the damn place first (once I get it). So, since I'm broke why not start at a thrift shop? Metro Thrift Store is located on 2235 Central Ave (google maps)




The first item that caught my attention was this weird Frankenstein dude (Yes, I got a little side-tracked...):


And yes of course I asked how much it was! It took the store clerk a second to realize I was talking about the mannequin outside and not just in general asking how much Frankensteins are...


....but once his senses came to him, he informed me that the frankenstein was in fact not for sale...

"Ah, okay....thanks for getting my hopes up...."

....Ambiance



This place wasn't exactly bad-looking for a thrift shop. It didn't smell that bad either! And you know what smell I'm talking about...don't lie. 



Save for the harsh-ass lighting (but c'mon what stores don't have that jewelry store-style lighting nowadays...), browsing around this store was a pleasant experience....

And look at all the cheap junk I found!!!


This partially-dented, junked up box for holding more junked up things was only $1.50!

And get this--for the same price I found this (kinda) pretty portrait:

The only real bummer was eyeing this awesome full length mirror across the store only to realize it wasn't for sale...boo!


....Verdict

Not a huge selection of merchandise, but that's okay! I'm headed back there for that flower portrait and some other cheap knick-knacks for cluttering up my new place!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment